Tuesday, November 08, 2005

In Which I Dissolve Into a Puddle of Mucous

I am sick. God damn, I hate being sick. I find it incredibly frustrating not to be able to breathe or sleep or go two minutes without sneezing or coughing or sniffling. And christ, is there anything more gross than snot? It's all oozy and warm and guishy and it comes in the most unappealing range of shades. Apparently, my sinuses are partial to a pale chartreuse. I imagine it might be hell to be an ENT doc and have to lok at this stuff a lot. Though really, our bodies make so much mucous from so many bits and pieces of epithelia, I guess it might be hard to avoid it altogether. Maybe I'll go into psychology. Or dermatology (though that has its own nightmares).

At any rate, I am whiny as all hell right now. So this will be short, lest I irritate the heck out of the last few people who give a damn about what I have to say. Just a quick update, really, as it's been a long time since I posted last.

Um, well, I went to the Island last weekend. Saw Erin's parents (a thoroughly enjoyable visit with lots of excellent food and conversation and adorable cats everywhere!) and went to Linz's party in Vic on Saturday night. Jon and I went to Spinnakers (or however the hell you spell it) beforehand (their beer came highly recommended) and enjoyed some very fine pints (perhaps not quite on the same level as Swans, but damned close. And the spiced pumpkin porter was very interesting.) and played lots of pool so maybe we will go back. I felt the food was pretty mediocre, but microbreweries don't have to have great cuisine as long as they have decent beer. (I blame my cold on the fact that we had to walk for nearly an hour, each way, in pouring rain and wind to get to this place though...next time we go when it's sunny out).

The party was grand, with a good group of people. I passed out early (so damned tired lately...it's all this getting up at 6:30 crap. How the heck will I ever survive residency? Or clerckship even? I keep falling asleep during my lectures. If only I found histology fascinating...but alas, it does not appear to be inspiring. So much for pathology...damn I hate ruling out cushy, well paying specialties so early in the game) so I missed the drunken rendition of Bohemian Rhapsody, but I still enjoyed myself. Got to participate in the ongoing soap opera of Life In Victoria...always a thrill.

Rode back home on Sunday with Brad and Jon (who are throwing another party this coming weekend, which I shall attend unless I am taken over by my goblet cells before then) and played some poker. I kicked some serious ass (though Jon stubbornly refused to die...I had him down to 2 chips a few times), which is encouraging, as I have had no luck in the poker nights at Hennings. Maybe I'm getting better after all! Somehow I doubt it.

Linz is coming out this weekend, so I have lots of work to get done. That sucks, because leaning over textbooks encourages mucous flow. I leave you to ponder that lovely image. Stay well, because November sucks at the best of times.

3 Comments:

Blogger JonBen said...

Wherein she mentions many a Jon, with only the first such reference being me... the supposed love :-)

1:19 AM  
Blogger Lu Hill said...

Hey, the soap opera of my life made the big leagues of your blog! I'll have to fill you in on the next episode this weekend . . .

Haha, the poor guy was hammered down so much that he is totally wary of making first moves, it's funny so far but I expect things to balance out soon.

8:05 PM  
Blogger Infurnus Fila said...

Oh dude is the part already??? Damn that came up fast>.<
I'm glad you had a good time at my parents...as always they thoroughly enjoyed both yours and Jon's company^_^
Get better ya stinker!~L~

12:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home