Sunday, August 28, 2005

Let the Games Begin!

Well, I'm back. Let me just start by saying that Jasper is as unbelievably gorgeous as I remember (the lake, the mountains, the wildlife...I wish I never had to leave), my family is completely crazy (but in a surprisingly good way...I had a lot of fun hanging out with my sisters, although I can't believe how old they all are! Or how into boys...), and strep throat freaking sucks. Two of my six days were spent in mortal agony as viruses waged war along the battlefield of my tonsils. And now, although the pain is mostly gone, and I can swallow without a whole-body flinch, it still feels like I've got a golf-ball wedged in my throat. Yesterday (my bus ride home) was a supremely un-fun day. 12 hours on a bus, unable to swallow, stuck next to a massive person who insisted on taking over most of my seat as well as his (I finally got to move to sit beside Jon in Kamloops), with 4 kinds of drug coursing through my system, none at a high enough dosage to ward off agony...sigh. A whiner is me! Seriously though, I've had strep before, but never this badly. I knocked myself out with a gravol, but I kept waking myself back up attempting to swallow, and every time I woke up, it was to a nice bit of drool (apparently my unconsious mind figured social embarassment was the lesser of those evils). Fortunately, the trip occurred mostly at night, so I doubt many people were too wierded out by me.

Anyways, I can now eat again, and drink! My voice is all fucked to hell, which sucks a lot because I have to meet all my classmates tomorrow, and they're all gonna think I'm wierd. I'll have to write a little explanation on my nametag: Hi, My Name Is: Keltie, and no I'm not ignoring you, talking = pain for me right now...strep throat. Don't worry, it's not catching anymore! (For more info, please turn tag over)...

Bah. I really wish I was well, and could fully appreciate how exciting tomorrow will be. But I'm not, and will likely sleepwalk through most of it. Bother.

3 Comments:

Blogger Lu Hill said...

Hi Kelt,

My roommate Ruth isn't going to be around until the 6th, so a party on Labour Day weekend wasn't going to work. It looks like they might be having a party at Jordan's, though . . . I am working right to the 2nd, so I will be moving in on that weekend right after. You could still come over and stay at my place, and hang out with me and go partying! I'm sure that even if Jord doesn't have a party, we could find some good stuff to do, before my school starts and before yours gets all stressful.

Last Thurs I went to Jord's, to see if my party was going to clash with his party . . . and he wasn't there. Eric said he had been AWOL for 5 days, but they only started to worry when his mom called and went on about how he should have shown up in Cowichan the day before, and could she have Current Girl A's phone number? And Girl B's phone number too? And don't tell Girl A about Girl B, got that Eric? Eric told her it would be funny. Eric and I think that Jord might be roadkill, run over by an ex. He could be a flat little splat with a few tufts of hair sticking up.

Before you get too thoughtful, he's probably home right now, with a 2 day hangover and some bad stories.

So, do you want to meet up on Labour Day weekend at my place in Vic? I really need to let loose after far too little vacation . . .

11:09 AM  
Blogger JonBen said...

So my dreams might have come true...

12:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh my lordy poor you.............

bestest wishes for you

6:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home