Monday, June 20, 2005

The Beast and Dragon, Adored

God bless Spoon.

I got to see them in concert this past Friday with Jon, Rob, Saul and some other people I didn't get the names of. I'd heard that they were really excellent live, and they didn't disappoint. Their live show is very polished...if I recorded it and played it alongside the albums, you might have a tough time discerning the differences. Well, while that may sound like a recipe for disappointment, the reality was that the band's physical presence was so intense, any major reworking of their music would have felt like a distraction. Yeah, I kinda missed the random jam sessions of OAR and the frantic, jerky energy of Modest Mouse, but damn yo. SPOON! Hearing that voice coming out of a real person's mouth STILL blows my mind.

So yes. Excellent time. Bought the T-shirt (me 'n Jon match...yay!). Now own most of their albums. Heartily recommend that y'all see 'em if'n ya get the chance!

In other news, I am a paragon of inconsistency. Three posts, and then a long silence. Boo. I will try to do better.

I get to see a very good friend of mine from High school tonight after I get done with work. Meliss has been in Sweden for a year, and will shortly be headed for India and China. Dunno when I'll see her again, so better make this night count. It's been a long time since Erin, Mel and myself were together...can't wait!

3 Comments:

Blogger Lu Hill said...

Matching shirts? Please, just tell me you will never buy his and hers jogging suits. So very disturbing.

Hey, if you see Meliss again, tell her hi from me. Somehow I spoke with her dad a couple times - he was organizing a mill tour for some of his students.

7:28 AM  
Blogger Drew said...

Did I ever tell you about the time during the Calgary Stampede when I saw a couple wearing matching God-awful Western garb crossing in front of my car?

I found myself seriously wondering whether a judge in these parts would convict me for stomping on the gas.

12:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Spoon.............what the hell? like a fork?

So jealous of you seeing mel, i havent seen her well god i dont know how long at least 3 yrs......three fn' years dude.

8:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home