Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Owwww!

I don't really think of myself as a wuss, but damn. I got pretty much all of my vaccinations done yesterday, and my poor arm! My records from high school were non existant, and my diptheria/tetanus shots would-ve need booters in a few months anyways, so we just did everything at once. Tetanus and diptheria and polio and measels and mumps and rubella all in one area! The nurse warned me the tetanus shot would have me feeling like someone'd been whaling on my arm with a two-by-four this morning. She was right. Gonna be a fun day at work! Still waiting to see if I need a hep b booster.

My excitement about starting school again continues to mount. This is the first time ever that I've been looking forward to the end of summer! Not that I don't plan to enjoy what remains of it thoroughly...I just really want to get started on this new path. My brain hasn't been challenged all year, it needs a wake-up call!

3 Comments:

Blogger Lu Hill said...

I found that the Hep A shot made my arm sore too.

Right, I think I will be coming to Van on Saturday morning. The ferries will be a bit of a pain, seeing as I would have to drop off the car, get to the ferry, etc etc possibly getting to Van when it is dark. My dad was grumbling already. I might get up early though, and be on your doorstep by 10:30. I might even take the Harbour Lynx or something cool.

8:26 AM  
Blogger Edward said...

Dude, that shit is killer.

I had a similar situation right before I left for Nicaragua and I basically had no information regarding which shots I'd already had.

Result:
Lots of shots. Left arm became as strong as wilted lettuce for almost the entire next day.

12:00 AM  
Blogger Drew said...

Hey, Kelt!

We (as in April and I) might be swinging past Vancouver on or about the 10th, and again on or about the 23rd. If you happen to be able to spare a few hours for a couple who is either just about to hike, or just has hiked the West Coast Trail, lemme know.

Hugs.

11:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home