Friday, May 13, 2005

Irony

Well, no sooner do I post something in which I whine copiously about having to wait for SOOOO LOOONNG than I find my wait abruptly ended.

Ladies and gentlemen, you are now officially reading the blog of a MED STUDENT! UBC came through for me at last and sent me that big, beautiful OFFER! Still don't know if I'll wind up in Vancouver-Fraser or Vancouver Island, but at this point, I'm too freaking high to care.

And to add to my joy, my most excellent boyfriend procurred for me not one, not two, but all THREE extended versions of the Lord of the Rings on DVD. So tonight I will be vegging, watching these most wondrous of feature films, and eating a celebratory bag of chips. And as for my trip to the island...well, as soon as my boss's daughter's wedding stuff is over, I'll be there! With copious amounts of booze!

Who says Friday the 13th is an unlucky day? This one's been one of the best days of my life.

4 Comments:

Blogger Infurnus Fila said...

Like I always say...Full moons and Fri the 13ths are always lucky for me in some way and this one proved no different. You've no idea how happy I am in knowing that you'll at least be in the same province as the rest of us for the next few years.

11:57 PM  
Blogger Edward said...

Hurray! That's incredible, Keltie! You two inspire me to no ends.

I am bracing for being on a different continent for 3 months than my love. I'm aware that this is diddly in comparison to your own ordeals, but for a lowly mortal such as I, it could be perilous.

Here's to life that sucks less.

8:48 PM  
Blogger Keltok said...

Thanks yo! I'm very psyched about all this. It's such a load off my back knowing I don't have to do all that hoop-jumping again next year. Good luck with the different continent thing...tho that sounds pretty exciting actually! Peril can be fun, and loves generally are good at waiting (as Jon can attest).

2:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, if you end up in the Vancouver Island based division, you will spend half your studies in Victoria, or half on some sort of mentoring thing somewhere on the island? Or a mix? How does it work? Look at me, campaigning for roommates eight months ahead of time again . . .

8:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home