Thursday, May 12, 2005

Could this GO any SLOWER?

Long time since I last posted. There's a good reason for that. And the reason is, if I'd posted anything in the past week and a half, it would have been a paraphrase/reiteration/alternate wording of this post. Which I am posting now. I have to give in. I'm only human, I can't wait forever. I tried to hold off until I had concrete news but...apparently concrete news is hard to come by.

So, before I rant, I will talk about things NOT directly contributing to my stress levels. Item the first: Brad has kickass friends and is himself a rockin' cool guy. His parties are always fun, if only because I and everyone else get fabulously drunk and talk about things that are not socially acceptable blog material. (Just kidding Mom.) (Or AM I?) Hopefully we will do something along the lines of a bowling night soon. Maybe after I've heard back from...oh wait, I'm not talking about that yet.

Item the second: my boss's daughter is getting married and I'm going to the wedding. And the pre-wedding dinner. And the pre-pre-wedding dinner henna hand-painting session (which is on my birthday). She's East-Indian, and their wedding is going to be very culturally rich. And I'm getting a sari! Which is awesome and cool and is the family's gift to me (which I said was backwards but hey...). So I've gotta come up with something cool for her and her husband...gack! But I'm pretty psyched. Only downside is Droo and April will be out here for the EXACT SAME WEEKEND. Um...well, I'll have Sunday off anyways. Maybe they can entertain themselves on Friday and Saturday?

Damn, I'm a crappy host.

And lastly. I have not heard ANY good news from ANYBODY. I'm waitlisted for Calgary, but that's not much of an accomplishment, as all OOP's who interviewed are waitlisted. I'm waiting (and waiting and WAITING) on UBC, hopefully will hear from them either tomorrow or Monday. And Dal should be sometime shortly after. I am so stressed that it feels like the butterflies in my stomach are throwing hand-grenades and sharp implements. I desperately want to get that OFFER message, but I'm deeply afraid (and half-convinced) that I'll see the REJECTION one instead. Oh man, I'm gonna end this now before I degenerate into circular arguments and the blogging equivalent of a full-blown panic attack. I HATE NOT KNOWING!

That is all.

2 Comments:

Blogger Drew said...

actually, as it turns out, we can't come out that weekend. I have a wedding to attend of my own that I only just found out about today. I'll be sending you an Email with details thereof but for the moment, we're gonna have to reschedule.

Hugs,
Droo

8:57 AM  
Blogger Drew said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home