Thursday, April 07, 2005

Where is my Mind?

Honestly, I think I'm coming down with early Alzheimers or something...I just spent half an hour frantically searching for my freaking T-4's...only to find them embedded in some out-of-the-way, obscure clipboard on the bottom shelf of an overloaded bookcase. What the hell was I thinking when I put them there? "Hmm...these should be safe here...no one would DREAM of looking for them in this clever little hiding place. Ha ha! All those nefarious persons seeking to use my tax papers for their evil schemes of world-domination will be thwarted again!" Man.

And what really kills me is this is the second time this week that I've lost something rather important to me personally, but not really of any value to anyone else through too-clever hiding. I managed to misplace all FOUR of my checkbooks earlier...just in time for my monthly rent. Go me. After turning the place upside-down, I managed to find a brand new checkbook...and used that. I've since found two of the four I lost in various "oh, it'll be very handy to have a checkbook here sometime in the future, tee-hee aren't I clever" places. Like my Daytimer. And my RCM syllabus. I'm losing it people. Med school? Yeah right. I can just see myself telling some patient: all right, let me just have a listen to your chest with my...um...where did I put that thing? Honestly, I had it RIGHT here! Hang on a second..." Followed by ransacking of office and general ire, until said stethoscope turn up in some completely whacked out place. That'd inspire confidence for sure.

In other news, I don't have to do my taxes, my parents are doing them for me. Nya-nya-nya-nya!!!

Must go. Sleep calls.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home