Friday, April 01, 2005

London Calling.

Well, I was really enjoying this little respite from my cross-country-jaunting (and, consequently, from my constant state of cringe-inducing whining), but all good things must come to an end. Or so some person once said.

London awaits, and although I'd be ecstatic to be boarding a plane to head to the London that first springs to mind when I mention that location, the reality leaves me somewhat less overjoyed. No echoey historically significant torture chambers and stone-faced-guard-taunting for yours truly. I am instead bound for London Ontario, a far less exotic destination (in fact, I think probably the antithesis of an exotic locale). I am there only for about 8 hours though, just enough time to get from plane to info sessions to tour to interview and back to plane, so it will maybe not be as depressing as my previous trips away from home. We shall see. I am growing tired of interviews. Wait, did I already say that? Like ten times?

And after this one's over, I get to go to Toronto (the bums finally offered me an interview) on April 15-16th. This could potentially be far more enjoyable as once of my good friends from undergraduate studies at BU is living there (Matt Furrow)...but ironically, there is a very good chance that Matt will be in BC at the same time as I'm in Toronto. What the hell are the odds? Ah well, should that prove to be the case I'll stay with one of my many cousins out there instead and see Matt here in BC when I get back.

Anyways, I'm off to the airport in an hour, so I've gotta get ready. Taking the redeye out tonight...thought I'd do this interview trip all in one go with no sleeps or stops. We'll see just how good an idea that is AFTER I've had my interview tomorrow afternoon, following a sleepless flight tonight. Huzzah! Onward to adventure!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home