Wednesday, February 23, 2005

W00t! First Post! I mean....ah crap....

So I'm sitting here waiting for Jon to reenter my life. God damned Quantum Physics! Why must you always steal my men!!! Or rather, man...as no one else that I've ever been involved with has left me to do quantum physics. Man do I ever know how to pick 'em hey?

(Just kidding the love...)

I've got my first med school interview (out of 5) at UBC the day after tomorrow. Part of me is freaking out, and the rest of me is desperately trying to distract myself. Because if I let myself think about this interview in any concrete fashion (as opposed to the abstract 'thing that I've got coming up soon that has no real bearing on my life at all...well maybe a little...but it's really no big deal') I will start freaking out like I've never freaked before. Christ! The pressure! It burns us!!! Burnsss ussss! So I'm very carefully skirting the issue:

On my way to get passport photos because UBC for SOME REASON needs them...
"Lalala...off to get some random passport photos. Gee, those'll be useful! For passports. And stuff."
To the lady at the passport photo place, "Nope, these aren't for an actual passport...what are they for?...uh...medical purposes."
Upon receipt of my photos (in which I definately do not look my best)..."Can I get some more? I need lots of photos! Yes, more! Can I just use your bathroom for a second? I'll be right back..."
I have four passport photos now. I look like crap in all of them, but hopefully UBC does not select med school candidates based on looks alone. Otherwise I'd be a little concerned...

I am more afraid than I can admit (hang on a second...how the hell does THAT work?) that I'll clam up at this interview and not have a single intelligent thing to say. Why must UBC be my first interview ever? Why can't I practice with some other, less important ones first?

Because this is the Real World...and things sometimes work out this way. Time to be mature, stop whining, and face the music. Give it your best shot. The show must go on. Etc etc (insert random cliches here).

But Mooom!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home