Friday, March 18, 2005

Random Musings

Much to my chagrin, for the past few days (starting the day I left for Halifax) I have been experiencing fairly significant back pain. I have NEVER (okay, very rarely) had a sore back before...except after heavy full-time labour (wow...that sounds kinda ambiguous. Okay, NOT the pregnant kind.) when it was well-deserved. You know, someone whose opinion I'm sure I respected once told me that women have higher tolerance of pain than men...something to do with the whole giving birth thing (equivalent to a male passing a small cantaloupe through the urethra I believe). But I think I speak for a significant chunk of female wusses when I decry that as pure bunk (whoever you are, consider yourself disrespected!). I HATE pain. I cannot tolerate it. It makes me whiny and self-pitying and leads to a lot of limping around the house, interspersed with loud proclamations about the degree, location, and frequency of the pain. I consider myself lucky (as should anyone who hangs around me for significant periods of time) to inhabit a body that is generally pain-free. No migraines, no major cramping at ANY time of month, no stomach issues, and, until recently, no back pain. This must stop. The fate of the world, nay, the universe, rests on this pain ceasing, and soon.

On to other things. I am still waiting for U of freaking T to get back to me regarding an interview. Hell, at this point in time, I'd love to see a REJECTION envelope in my mailbox, so this dratted waiting game can finally be over! What are they doing out there? All the other schools have made their invites months ago, and some have even decided who they're accepting! Christ! I'm tired of waiting out here! Someone tell me I've been accepted somewhere so I can quit leapfrogging all over this god-forsaked country, spending oodles of (my parents') money, wasting my time, and abandoning Jon on a weekly basis.

In other news, I spent my St Patrick's day cuddling with the man I love, drinking Guinness (laced with port), and watching Monty Python and the Holy Grail. Screw green beer and copious partying, THIS was a great evening.

Gotta go, Moe is eating my shoe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home