Thursday, February 24, 2005

I Warned You It'd Be Irrelevant...

This always happens...I'll start something new, be very enthusiastic about it for a short time, and then drift on to something else, forgetting about my previous project. Witness my LJ account.

Still, I'll enjoy this ride while it lasts, because soon I won't have time for anything other than eating, sleeping, interviewing, and wondering how to get to the airport/hotel/interview place/dinner/etc etc etc. Yay me!

I got next to no sleep last night...gah. I was all hoping that I'd get a good 8-10 hrs in, as the odds of my sleeping well tonight are pretty freaking slim. And tomorrow night, and the night after will be all about stressing for the Calgary interview...so...not much better. But nope, not in the card apparently. I woke up like every hour, stayed awake for long stretches, and watched the clock tick onward towards morning. God damn it.

Off to work soon...half of me wishes I had today off to do more prep...the other half of me knows that if I imerse myself in work, I won't get too upset about my interview prospects, and the day will go faster. At this point, it's all about getting things over and done with. My technique of shunting the interview to the back of my brain and pointedly not thinking about it will not endure much longer. We're entering the LOOMING phase. God, I hope I don't suffer a heart attack on the bus ride to UBC tomorrow morning...

Anyways, prior to going to work, I am going to pick up some Oral Care food for Moe (he has bad bad ginigivitis...and we're trying to avoid surgery...). I should have had it already, except the bag I'd specifically requested to have ordered in and placed on hold for me (the same bag I'd enquired about multiple times prior to its actual arrival, just to make sure it was en route) was sold to some other person as soon as they got it in. God damn! I was tempted to laugh in the girl's face when she told me this, I was sure she couldn't be serious. No such luck.

Anyways, it's been ordered again, and it came in last night, so I'm off to grab it before it gets sold again. I'm at least getting a discount...so can't complain there.

Last night, Erin, Jon and a girl named Missy went to the Odyssey. Original intent: to dance it up. However, the Odyssey is a gay bar, and they were having their Miss Odyssey pageant that night, so we watched drag queens parade around in evening wear and lip-synch to various Cher and Broadway Musical songs instead. Rockin'. Seriously, a fun time...maybe I'll go again next Wednesday to see who wins (it's a 2-parter).

Anyways, I'm off...running a little behind shcedual. Prolly won't post for a few days...interviews'll be running (and ruining) my life. I'll post again with the results sometime next week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home