Friday, April 22, 2005

In Which I am Inconvenienced

Well damn, I just got called in to work early. How infernally crappy. I was all up early and wanting to bike up to UBC with Jon (marking the start of my new fitness regimen), bike back, have a leisurely shower, a light breakfast, and head in to work at noon. So much for that.

Life's busy here, but it's the sort of busy I can handle. Lots of work, lots of socializing with friends and, surprisingly, family. One of my aunts (my Dad's sister) lives out here, and she called me out of the blue a few days ago, inviting me to dinner on Sunday. Apparently another one of my Aunts is coming in to town from Edmonton as well, so she'll maybe be there too. It's been years since I've seen any of these people, so we'll have lots to catch up on, also, her daughter is a current medical student, so I can pick her brains about the experience. They live in North Van, and I work Sunday until 8, so we'll be dining fashionably late (9 or 9:30, depending on how the buses run). I'm hoping we'll be able to get home okay.

This week and next week are volunteer appreciation weeks, and Science World has hooked me up with free passes to various attraction in the area...museums, art galleries, gardens and so forth. So Jon and I have been getting out to see some of them. It's kinda hard, since my work schedual is a real bitch to plan around, but so it goes.

I also won some random pass to Fitness World. It's two weeks to start, but I'm in a draw for a longer membership. I find this ironic, since I've been MEANING to get my ass out of bed and into shape for months. Maybe this will be the prod that finally galvanizes me into action. Let's hope.

So, lack of humour, insight, or anything interesting to post about. Just a stupid, trivial update on my life. Oh well, at least I didn't give you a detailed rundown on what I ate for breakfast. There are depths to which even I cannot sink.

1 Comments:

Blogger Infurnus Fila said...

Mwahaha...ya for work..ya for friends and family!! And YAY for fitness!~L~
Oh ..I had Nathan over tonight! He was such a gentleman^_^ He also stood up to my familys teasin' very well~L~ My mom sends her much love and she misses you tons! They hope to see you and Jon when they're over!

1:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home