Saturday, April 30, 2005

Cool Beans

I recently purchased a new CD player...one capable of playing MP3s. My old player was having some issues playing anything burned, so I decided to move on. Anyways, the exciting thing about the new one is that I can essentially play a CD containing over 300 songs, which pretty much negates my having to carry around a case full of CDs. In fact, all of my favourite songs, off of all the 500 + albums I have access to can fit on one CD. And that CD is currently being burned.

Which brings me to the downside to this whole thing. I'm not the most patient person in the world. I'm very much a fan of instant gratification. Waiting for things is just not something that works well. And while burning your average CD of 20 or so songs takes a scant five minutes or so, burning one containing 359 of them takes a little longer. Add to that the fact that there's some kind of file compression going on as well (don't ask, I'm not technical), and you've got a pretty long wait. I'm gonna have to go to bed before this sucker is done. Which is irksome because I wanna listen to it NOOOOWWWW!!!!

In other news, I have been warned not to badmouth any universities on this blog, lest they disqualify my med school applications. I think that's assuming FAR too much about the thoroughness of the Admission Committees' methods, but I shall acquiesce to the suggestion. Mothers know best anyways.

So: my rants about how awful the various places I visited were and how much of a pain it was to get there were firmly tongue in cheek and were intended for the purposes of humour ONLY. I greatly appreciated having the opportunity to travel across this great nation of ours, seeing new and exciting places and meeting new and intelligent people, and I would relish the prospect of going to any one of the very fine institutions I visited.

Stay tuned for the REAL dirt on June 1st (after acceptances are sent out)!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home