Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Can't Talk, Must Eat

Well, far be it for me to be a conscientiously consistant poster, but I realize it's been some time since my last update. And I also realize that if I plan on acrueing legions of adoring fans via this blog, I shall have to feed them some tidbits of information now and then, lest they decide to forage in the pastures of greener minds than mine. Oh who the hell am I kidding? Everyone I know reads at least ten blogs per day and could care less about the day to day events of my own existance.

So, let me see...interesting things to report...

Well, I was supposed to go visit my Aunt for dinner this Saturday (and was reasonably excited about this, as it had been several years since we'd seen each other last). I say supposed to, because for some reason (and for this I have no rational excuse) I managed to convince myself that we were doing dinner on Sunday. So Saturday night at 11:30, my slightly inebriated aunt calls wondering where we are and if we're okay. Oh damn. Didn't you get the memo? I'm an idiot. Sorry.

So now all of a sudden we had Sunday off. Cool beans. Erin's parents came over from the Island and got to see my place (which was messy, but not as bad as it could have been), and then they were foisted off on Jon, and he was told to go show them around UBC. Well, I had to work and Erin had to sleep so WHO ELSE was gonna be the entertainer? Nevertheless, they had fun (Ann and Peter are pretty great people...intelligent, perceptive, and into the arts...makes for good conversation).

I have recently decided to get into shape. For those of you wondering about my MSN name...well, it's the result of this decision. I am in pretty constant pain. Fitness World is pretty cool, and if I wasn't a poor person who lives like a twenty minute walk away from it, I'd probably get a membership. As it is...well, we'll see. I think I'll try to find other ways to get in shape once my time with them expires. Jon's encouraging me to bike to UBC with him. That's like giving me a green light to indulge in wining and self-pity. Just when you thought it was all over! Mwa ha ha ha haaaa!

Erin's coming over tonight and there will be salmon so I must go prepare for the eating that is soon to come.

1 Comments:

Blogger Drew said...

My suggestion: Kung Fu or some other martial art. Drops the pounds like nobody's business.

And you learn the exact location of every single muscle in your body, 'cause all of 'em hurt for a while.

Just don't let anybody force-feed you an elbow, 'cause that just sucks.

7:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home