Friday, August 28, 2009

As an Aside:

You know what I think I like best about being on call? Being post-call. Right now this means I am at home early on a beautiful Friday morning, with the weekend stretching before me (though I'm on call again on Sunday), with the apartment to myself because Jord is still soundly asleep. This means I now get to do a whole lot of my favourite things all at once!

I get to crack open my new book, lovingly scrounged from one of Saskatoon's wonderful used book stores.
I get to drink a whole pot of earl grey vanilla tea with lots of cream and sugar.
I get to listen to the new Imogen Heap, Arctic Monkeys, and Matisyahu albums.
I get to cuddle up with Moe on the couch while doing all of the above (he's a rewarding little thing to come home to, because he loves cuddling in the morning) in our beautiful livingroom, with the sun streaming down outside.
And in a little while, I get to go in and wake my husband up so we can start our day. Probably with waffles.

Bliss.

4 Comments:

Blogger Lu Hill said...

Heya,

Waffle days off are the best.

Keep me posted about you coming to the island! I found out from Jordan's sister in late July that I had already missed my two chances to get the scrapbook stuff and your car key (from Rachel) out to you, so that certainly didn't happen yet . . .

Off to go plot my attack on the Fringe, with my ten-pass . . .

2:57 PM  
Blogger Drew said...

Mmmmm. Waffles.

April and I got a panini/griddler/waffle iron thigie for a wedding present. It's the single greatest thing ever invented.

6:17 PM  
Blogger ingelosi9 said...

awh.......sounds like total heaven. just you, book, cat, and the morning. its the best......

taking time for you is awesome for your soul and stress levels.

love ya

10:34 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

mmm waffles!

7:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home